Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Xubuntu desktop setup

I've decided to take a shot at using Linux for my desktop set at home and I've settled with xubuntu because of my love for xfce over and above any of the other window managers.

So far the installation has been great. I have a 2ghz machine which I am using with only 256mb of ram, definitely need an upgrade. 80 GB hdd should be plenty for now seeing as I've got my external 640. The computer seems to sporadically freeze whenever it deems itself unfaithful which I've still got to take into consideration and have a look at, not sure what that might be.

wxPython is my next roller coaster of learning, been doing tutorials and so on which has been a great learning experience for me. Buttons, textCtrls, bindings.. all very fun for me.

Work been learning and studying hard getting down and dirty with Drupal which has been much of a happy experience, I'm quite sure I'll be doing more Drupal websites in the future for work. For now, working on an accommodation portal. (As the rest of South Africa throws their bits in before the World Cup)

Trying to think of some kind of web listing/online business directory of my own to start running seeing as Pizza seems to be a bit stagnant for the time being and it would be a blessing to make a few pepperoni's and cheese. Any ideas?

Brief updates while sipping tea and eating my morningly dose of Pronutro.

Take Care!

[EDIT]

Oh.. and I found this this morning while trying to get my head around aptitude. Thought it was a good read/watch:
http://luv.asn.au/overheads/aptitude/aptitude-intro.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

人因夢想而偉大,要堅持自己的理想哦.................................................................