Monday, February 4, 2008

CSS for the day

All right. So now since I've started this web and graphic design course at college, I've really decided to give it my best and my all. This is finally the part where I really get down to some serious coding and move forward and stop lingering in this 'hello world' knowledge and experience of most languages that interest me.

As I go through my studies and whatever else. I would like to list all my findings and new discoveries of how things work here and slowly, but surely hope to become a master coder. Ha ha.

A few of the programming languages out there that interest me are: Python for one, over the years of doing my research and the small bit of experimental work that I have done has shown that Python is going to be the language for me. I rather like the idea and the capabilities of this language. There won't be another, I'm sure. Python all the way out for me now, and I have to master it. No question.

The second language that I would love to move forth into completely and know without a doubt has to be PHP. Now php comes along with HTML and of course, CSS. These are the languages that I have been learning at college so far and they are pretty simple but great. I can't wait till I am setting up my own website, forms, maybe even some php stuff etc.

During this time that I've been at college we have even started a little bit of Javascript which will surely help, all round. I am enjoying the fancy things, and additions that I can add to my page.

From now on, it is my goal, every night I must put in at least a good few hours. Two of my good friends are doing the same and similar courses. So I must either try and venture into this 'new' goal of becoming a master at these few subjects along with them. Inspiration helps too!

Other than that I still have some time for my odd few hours of Ragnarok, which is bad. But still fun =P

My aim is as follows for the end of this year:


  • HTML(XHTML) and CSS (This is currently being covered at college, but I would still like to learn both these languages more in depth.)

  • Python (I've done the bare minimum of Python right now as it is, but my memory is not too good and the last time that I actually practiced was a good few months ago. I need to get into a better routine of practicing.)

  • PHP (For the near future.)



Oh and one last thing, I like the way that this Google blogger this is laid out. It's quite fancy and easy to use. Thanks Marlon! ;)

No comments: