Friday, February 1, 2008

Fire range in the South

I've just been reading up about the fires that took place this last weekend around Cape Town, on the southern part of the Peninsula. It's been quite a devastating run for nature this weekend as lots of fynbos and greenery has been destroyed. Apparently arson. :(

I wonder why people would do things like this purposefully. What is the nature of man to go and burn down his surroundings that keeps this area so breezy and full of life. I often enjoy my rides around Kommetjie through Scarborough. Viewing the scenery in the area is great and it has taken me a while to realise the truth beauty of the surrounding areas where I live. I often wish that I had use of my own transport to get places and see new things as there's so much of Cape Town and surrounding areas that I have never seen.

I need to get myself a motorbike! They aren't even expensive or so I hear. That would be great. My friend recently got one and it seems like so much fun, and with transport there would be so many new things for me to see and new places for me to go.

Well for now I'm going to be trying out this blogging deal once again to see where it takes me and where I will be going with it I do not know. It may be a fun enjoyable ride or it could be another plunge into the depth of nothingness but we'll see. I hope to make something of it. Online records are always great to keep!

1 comment:

MarlonV said...

I think the fact that more and more people are populating smaller areas, the chances of one of them perpetrating a crime like that becomes larger.

Obviously these persons aren't normal minded people, and are doomed to fail in life in any case. Setting alight such a huge area, where thousands of acres of protected plantlife, animals and homes burn to ashes would only mean that this is the work of someone who has a very unstable position in life. Failure, lack of success and possibly sexual impotence, who knows :)

At the end, we all hope they get what's coming to them, hopefully leaving the planet in the same way their little animal victims did...